Saturday, April 28, 2018

Fuck I Don't Know Man...

Like the title says, I don't fucking know.  Something happened tonight that I never though would happen, at least not for the reasons I learned.  I was informed tonight that The General will not be making the trip this year because he is going to be working on fixing up his place in Florida that got nailed by a hurricane last fall.  Without a doubt this is a legit reason for missing the trip, but, it wouldn't hurt to take a couple day vacation to float down the Bigfork for a couple to days and relax.  It isn't like this is something that has him busy like what has happened in the past, no, nothing like that, this is something different.


In the past when The General has missed the trip it is because he has something else that is extremely important that needs attending, like the time he had to put shingles on his roof or he needed to be in the cities to pick up his new pup.  Hell, I remember a time he had to go to the emergency room on his way up for the trip but told the docs that said he needed rest that if he is going to go he would like to go on the river, a place he loves to be.  However, from our conversation, it almost sounded like he didn't want to come back to Minnesota for quite a long time.  He wants to finish fixing his Florida house and then head for Alaska via Canada with a truck, a box camper and his new air (fan) boat and take a trip his has dreamed about all his life. 


I have no problem with his dread, in fact I'm stoked, and a little jealous about the trip, still something just doesn't feel right.  It is like he is saying goodbye and...well...I don't know.


Until next time I will forever be Crazy Joe

No comments:

2005 River Runners

2006 River Runners