Thursday, April 11, 2013

Spank a weasel and call it Suzy...just kidding.

DISCLAIMER:  This is something I wrote last year that wouldn't publish last year because of my shitty computer.


"Yo ho ho and a bottle of Brass Monkey" Beastie Boys 1986

Where to start...I think I have used that opening a time or two, but seeing how it can be a timeless question that we have all asked ourselves at one time when faced with an obsticle of whatever proportion, I feel it is aptly used here. What a fricken summer, way too short to be sure. I felt like I blinked twice and "boom!" found myself back in the classroom looking at the calander and wishing it was once again the end of May so I can hit the Bigfork with the rest of the gang to have a little fun. But alas here it is only September and the Canoe Trip is but a glimmering dream in a far distant future.

Regretfully, the General and I were not able to canoe the entire river this summer like we had hopped to do. It basically boiled down to me not having the time to do it because of obligations at home witht he family. We were, however, able to get back on her one more time and go for a ride, this time taking my seven year old son, whose nicname is now "Lt. Logan" for his first ride down the river. I will have to get to that story sometime in the future, but for know I'm just going to stick to a little overview until I find that need to write because it is what and how I do thing. If that makes any sense.

We did make the choice for next year's trip to pick up where we left off this year, at his river property and travel down some new territory. It will be fun for sure, the only thing it will lack are rapids. The next set of rapids come in the form of Bigfalls, and the name should tell all. This is stuff that only someone with a lot of balls or a lot of stupidity would try, and do it in a kayak or white water raft. I'm really excited to see this part of the river since I have not ever saw it before. This is what one would call true virgin territory, kind of lack year was when the General and I took our trip from the source.

Well, Em wants the puter so I will say ta for now. Until next time I will remain...Crazy Joe...AKA Cookie

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Joe! call me- max from bemidji
612-210-0904 questions for you

2005 River Runners

2006 River Runners