Tuesday, May 24, 2016

What the fuck happened to us?

Damn, it has been a long ass fucking time since I posted on our blog.  The great thing about this web shit is that my words will be here forever and a day...as long as there is a web I suppose.  It is tough to put into words the reason's as to why I have not been on here recording our events as of the last few years.  To be honest the trip has become a bit stale as of the last years.  It has made me often wonder why this has become something that isn't what it used to be.  That fucking fun killer  LIFE has become the bane of the RiverRunners existence. 
Not don't get me wrong, life is a ride that needs to be rode and experienced with all the joy that has to be offered to a person, however, sometimes the bitch gets in the way of tradition and puts a fucking chink into the damn mix.  Over the last five years we have lost so many of the regulars to the casualty that is life that the trip has not been the same.  Mini-Hulk and Mule have had their trio of kids and have not been back since the year of 2010, fuck me that blows the mind.  I didn't realize that it has been six year since we had the Mule on the trip to carry our shit.  Yet I did say that the lest few years have been shitty. 


Digger, Ducky and The Bartender left us the following year.  Digger found herself a new man who made her the center of his life, not that I'm taking anything away from Dishman...but he did fuck up...but I digress.  Ducking got married, bought a house, had a couple of kids and now has to work this fucking year so she will not be joining us AGAIN.  I harbor no ill-will, but I do miss having my best friend on the trip.  This leads me to this year.


I guess I should catch all up to the point where we are now in the chronology of the trip.  Remember awhile ago I said we were gong to canoe the entire Bigfork River, well, we are eight miles short of hitting that mark, however, I just don't want to finish the bitch yet.  We need to get some of the original crew back to finish  the sonofabitch.  I know we are not going to get all of the originals back, but some of the people that have made the trip more than once. 


I need to share something with all those that read...last year in the month of October we lost one of the OG River Runners.  My little brother Jake "The Snake" Cleath took his life for reasons I can't explain.  This year's trip is going to be in Memoriam of my little brother from another mother. 


I just had a hell-of-an-idea...I should get in touch with Big Dog and see if he want's to take Snake's place this year for the trip.  Maybe we could make the trip that we did on the first year.  We could start from highway one and then slip our way to the Busti bridge like we did on the first year of the trip.  This would be something cool as it could be in memory of the OG RR Snakes.  Although, a lot of that is up to Mother Nature.


We had a very early spring and the Bigfork popped close to six weeks ago which means the river level will be low unless we have a lot of rain..  A  low river is going to make the rapids really, really  tough this year.  So I don't fucking know.


I suppose I could get to what has been happening the  last few years.


Until then I will remain Crazy Joe...



No comments:

2005 River Runners

2006 River Runners