Saturday, February 11, 2017

Traditons Are a Bitch!!

Oh my goodness, this year is going to be the 22nd Memorial Weekend canoe trip.  That is just a crazy thing.  Never did I think we were going to make this year, ye, here are.   It has been a shit-tacular ride over the past few years.   All these rules and regulations have  come into play.  Well...fuck that!  I am so fucking sick of all the political shit that is going on in our country that I am so looking forward to being able to get away form everything and spend some sweet ass time on the river.  Fuck me...
Wow...it has been some time since I have wrote one here, too damn long.  I suppose it is because there hasn't been a lot of shit happening on the River.  I mean we have had the same fucking people on the river since Ducky, Bartender and Digger came on the trip.  The only fucking FNG has been Radar's gal, but I think I have mentioned something about that.  Damn...need some tunes...


"Hunger Strike..."


It is truly amazing what age brings a person...so much wisdom.  How many of us wish we could go back in time and wish we would have done something different in our past?  If you are reading this and say no then u are among the few that have lived a life of minimal mistakes...or one of privilege. 


Fucking blogger is not allowing me to edit my shit without making me retype all kinds of shit.  I try to delete shit but then it just goes over the words I have already wrote.  Kiss my fucking ass.


Well, Ducky should be over her time of growth with getting married and birthing a couple of kids.  We have talked some about this year's trip and she has said her and Bartender are going to be on the river this year.  I hope this can become a reality because I have missed her so much on the trip.  It was, at one time, a time when we could get together and just hang out for a weekend and be brother and sister like we used to be.  I'm not saying we are not close, but I just feel like as life has progressed that her and I, along with other people from my past, have grown apart because of all that shit that life throws at ya you know. 


First we lost Jake and Aaron...RIP Jake...and them Dishman and The Rev.  Digger held on for a year or two and Radar was in there a time or two before the Army.  Nevertheless, Radar has been there since Ducky and Bartender left, so that is all good.  Still I have to say that I do miss having The Mule and Mini-Hulk kicking it with us.  Really I just miss all the great people that have been on the trip that has made it so fucking awesome.  I would like for nothing better than to get everyone, including something of Jake's, back on the river for the trip.  When I say t his I do mean all of the people that have earned to right to be a Bigfork RiverRunner...people that have only made the trip once do not count as they cannot claim to be someone who truly appreciates the river.  


We have Angela, Stebe and Adam...who only made it once which just happened to be Duckly's first time and their only.  We also have the Dick-Doc and  Sandra who were only worthy of one trip because they just could not handle being FNGs.  It has been so long I can not remember if Pinner made the first two trips or not, however, I know he was on one of them but because he grew up in the North just like I did so he is a true River Runner...and the fact he grew up on the Bigfork does help his credibility. 


You know what is fucking awesome?  My kids are almost at the age of being ready to go on this trip with the Big Dogs...lol.


I do want to bring them onto the Bigfork River this year for a family camping trip...other than the one we do with just chilling and doing some fishing in a boat or on the awesome Pontoon that The General and Jane gave Little Mama and I for our wedding. 


Damn, it is getting late but I just don't want to hit the hay because I feel I have some much to say on here.  I know there are some stories I could tell from the trip yet I'm not sure what else I could say. 


Until next time I will remain...Crazy  Joe.



No comments:

2005 River Runners

2006 River Runners