Saturday, December 2, 2017

Don't Stop Believing

Ok, I know the year isn't over, however, it is never too early to start thinking about the next trip on the Bigfork.  Such an awesome thought that few can comprehend what is going to be available to those that believe and want to take part in something that is beyond fun.  It is a memory that will never fade and an experience that will last for a lifetime.  Those of us that live in the northern part of Minnesota will be the few that ever get to enjoy what nature has provided for us.  I wish the few that read this would dare to make themselves available to make this epic trip...for I know they would not be sorry for that leap of faith.  Sadly though, not many have that sense of adventure like I have...or the one I want to instill in my kids. 


Damn!  I can't believe that I have been doing this for so many years that my children are ready to make the trip with me.  Well, I guess it is a little backwards since the young buck...Bug...made the trip with me last year because I really didn't have anyone else to make the trip with me.  I' m not going to go down that rabbit hole as I have already explored it.  So there in no sense beating a dead horse. 


You know what sucks mega donkey dick?  I recently lost my pictures on my phone which means I lost a lot of the pics that I took when Bug and I were on the trip this year.  I know that I posted some to Facebook, but that doesn't make up for the others that I lost.  So this is a warning to all you fuck-bricks that read my stupid shit to back up your shit or it will be gone forever.  It isn't like the old days when we took pics on cameras and that photo was preserved for a long time.  I know better now.  I back-up all my shit so I won't lose it.  Nevertheless, I should get back to what I really want to talk about...and that is the trip.


I'm thinking this year we may start from The General's river land and go to Easy-Half campsite.  It is an easy float with nor rapids and it will be some good experience for my kids to have on the Bigfork.  I would love to hit the Muldoons sometime soon, however, I just don't think they will be able to handle shooting rapids yet.  Well that is a no shit thing because they just have not had the experience yet.  I'm sure you all know that anyway lol.


You know what is really sad?  I'm a dude that loves to write and I want to put down some shit in the blog that is going to be fucking awesome, but I can never find the words.  I feel I just don't have the talent to write words that are meaningful.  On the flip-side of that thought I feel I have put some awesome shit down on this site and few if any people have commented on the words I share.  Even if the words are mean I can take it.  To me it means someone is reading my shit and at least thinking about it...and that would make me feel somewhat good.  I know that is kind of messed up but it is the truth. 


I know I have gotten away from the story of the River, but that doesn't mean that I don't like to have some feedback on the shit that I write.  I have a log on the blog that let me knows that some people read this shit, but those that read never say shit in the stuff that I do write so I don't know if they like or hate it.  I guessing it is a hate thing because if they liked it they would tell others to read it and I would have a little or a lot more traffic and would be more inclined to write some more shit.  I have a shit-load of stories that I haven't yet shared that I know would be interesting...but probably shouldn't be shared...hehe...some may get in trouble because of them. 


Don't Stop Believing...


We  need to get back to the Doons sometime here in the near future.  It is such a magical place that not a lot of people on this planet have had the privilege to experience.  Just like the River itself it is something so special that words have a tough time defining.  I could say this or I could say that but no matter what the hell I say, nothing can even touch the beauty that is the river or the experience that comes from taking a canoe down it with what you need to survive contained within it as you paddle.  Oh yeah...fuck ya'll...hehe.


Shooting the rapids is a spiritual experience for all those that dare to take the shot.  Sure it isn't like some of the other rapids that some shoot in a kayak or in a white-water raft, but it is still an adventure that hold a magical significance.  For those of us whom have traveled these waters with all our gear, knowing that one fuckup can mean all of you gear is lost, it is something that cannot be expressed but only felt.  The beauty that I find in this is that I'm going to be able to pass this onto my kids...just like my Uncle John did to his oldest boy Radar.  He know what I mean and what I have felt as a parent.  Nothing in life compares to Legacy.


It is kind of like some of the music that we listen to as we get older.  It is  something of a legacy because the music is so fucking good compared to the shit that kids listen to these days.  I mean really...who the fuck is gong to listen o this shit when they are older.   There is no real staying power anymore.  It is all about the one-hit-wonder to make a quick buck and then toss into the trash like a used condom.  It truly is a Teenage Wasteland.


So what the hell do you have to say to you that reads this blog.  Do you have the fucking balls to say something in the comment area?  Are you one of the few, the proud, the readers?  Are you going to comment on what I have to say or are you going to be a puss and just read and let what I say go to your memory?  Or maybe you are too scared to say something that is out in the open.  If that is the case you can email me at jmarth@redlake.k12.mn.us if you want to say something that only the great author of this site because you are impressed.  Or you can just email me to say that I suck as a writer.  In either case I don't give a shit because at least I will know that you read what I have had to say hahah...


Hey, I tell ya what...if you email me I will tell ya some of the stories that I can't put on the blog...haha.  Some are not for those that are not of age...and some may get other's in trouble.   Ok that last statement may be a stretch of the truth, but it is no secret to those that have floated with me that there is kernel of truth to what I speak.  Oh won't you take me home...


I tip my hat to the new constitution...great song.


I suppose I should get off here before I get myself into some kind of trouble...lol...ain't life grand!


Till the next time I will forever remain...Crazy Joe.

No comments:

2005 River Runners

2006 River Runners